We have created 28 Windows shortcut keys or Keyboard and computer shortcuts are designed to make routine computer functions quicker and easier. The only problem is that many of these have gone unnoticed by the average user.
Below is a list of 28 Windows shortcut keys that will work in almost every version of Microsoft Windows.
By using simple keyboard and computer shortcuts in the workplace, you can increase your productivity and cut back on the strain caused by repetitive motions.
Most shortcuts serve to eliminate additional gestures that might involve your mouse or extra steps, such as selecting certain menus in the current window. The shortcuts below pertain specifically to PC users:
28 Windows shortcut keys
- Ctrl+A: Highlight everything in the current folder, document, or page.
- Ctrl+C / Ctrl+Insert: Copy the selected text, image, or item to the clipboard.
- Ctrl+X: Cut (remove) the selected text, image, or item and moves it to the clipboard.
- Ctrl+V: Paste contents of the clipboard into the current program or window.
- Ctrl+F: In most programs, this command opens up a search window (includes all browsers and most Office applications).
- Ctrl+S: Save an open document, file, or webpage (most browsers and programs).
- Ctrl+Z: Undo the last action performed (supported by most programs and browsers).
- Ctrl+Left arrow/Right arrow: Move your cursor to the start of the previous word (left) or to the beginning of the next word (right).
- Ctrl+Shift+Left arrow/Right arrow: Highlight the previous word (left) or highlight the next word (right).
- Ctrl+Backspace: Delete the word to the left of your cursor.
- Ctrl+Home: Move your cursor to the beginning of a document or page.
- Ctrl+End: Move your cursor to the end of a document or page.
- Esc: Cancel current/opened task.
- Shift+Delete: Delete a highlighted item (permanently) without first moving it to the Recycle Bin.
- Ctrl+Tab: Move through opened tabs.
- Alt+Underlined letter: Perform corresponding command/shortcut or select the corresponding option.
- Ctrl+Click / Shift+Click: Select more than one item or file
- Shift+Arrow: Highlight text to the left or the right.
- Ctrl+P: Print current document or page.
- Ctrl+Shift+V: Paste current clipboard as plain text.
- Alt+F4: Close any opened/active windows app.
- Shift+F7: Open thesaurus lookup in Microsoft Word.
- Ctrl+Shift+T: Reopen last closed browser tab.
- Windows key+M: Minimize all opened windows.
- Windows key+L: Lock your PC.
- Ctrl+D: Bookmark the current webpage.
- Ctrl+Shift+B/O: Open your bookmarks menu (depends on browser).
- Ctrl+R (browser): Refresh current page
These 28 windows shortcut keys are made for beginners who want to become a master in the computer. If you want more keyboard shortcuts you can refer these 200 Keyboard Shortcuts (Windows) to Boost Your Productivity article also.
Top 7 Best Smartwatch
Best 5 Best graphic cards under 10000
5 Best DSLR Cameras
5 Best Gaming Laptops under 60000
Best laptops under 25000
6 Best Laptops Under 50000 Rs