Technology Facts

Technology facts

Technology performs an important role in our life. These are some important facts about technology which should be known by peoples and technology user

1. In the year 1956, IBM developed World’s first super computer which weighed nearly a ton and would store up to 5 MB of data.

2. If the computer’s brain was designed just as a human brain then it could store 3584 terabytes of data and perform 38 thousand trillion operations each second.

3. hackers who can find any security bug and threat Facebook offers them up to $500 without actually doing the harm themselves.




4.Email facility was invented before the World Wide Web was even introduced to the mainstream public.

5. In the United States, It is estimated that 1 out of 8 couples in total meet online and marry each other

6. ENIAC, the first electronic computer, would weigh around 27 tons and took an area of about 1800 square feet.

7. The 90% of the total currency of the world population exists in the database, the rest 10% contributes into hard cash.

8. Over 80% of the total emails that an average person receives on daily basis are Spams.




9. In the year 1980, 1 GB hard disk was first invented and announced. It was sold in $40,000 and weighed around 550 pounds.

10. Only 4% of Arab women actually make use of an internet.

11. Almost half of the total world population has never practically made a phone call.




12. The very first Apple logo featured Sir Isaac Newton sitting underneath a tree, with an apple about to hit his head.

13. Google rents out goats from a company called California Grazing to help cut down the amount of weeds and brush at Google HQ.

14. The founder of Microsoft, Bill Gates, was a college drop out.

15. Bill Gates house was designed using a Macintosh Computer.





16. The word robot comes from the Czech “robota“. This translates into forced labor, or work.

17. CD’s (Compact discs) read from the inside to the outside edge, which is the reverse of how records work.




18. The average computer user blinks seven times a minute, the normal rate is twenty times per minute.

19. The first ever VCR (Video Camera Recorder), which was made in 1956, was the size of a piano!

20. Nintendo was started in 1889 as a playing card company.

21. In January 2007, the PS3 DualShock controller won an Emmy Award for ‘Peripheral Development and Technological Impact of Video Game Controllers’ by The National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences.

22. In mobile games, 60% of all revenue came from only 0.23% of players.




23. When Snapchat launched in 2011, it was named Picaboo, but in 2012, it was renamed to Snapchat.

24. Amazon.com was previously known as Cadabra.com.

25. 97% of people type in random words on Google, just to see if they spelled it right.

26.There are over 35 billion Google searches every month.

27. The word “Android” means a human with a male robot appearance.




28. The Comic Sans font is widely known as the world’s most hated font.

29. Technophobia is the fear of technology.

30. Google+ was developed under the code name ‘Emerald Sea’.

31. Facebook took 2 years to reach a market audience of 50 million.

32. Around 20% of all YouTube videos are music related.




33. In 1999, PayPal was voted as one of the top ten worst business ideas.

34. The original URL for Yahoo was http://akebono.stanford.edu

35. The domain name www.YouTube.com was registered 14th February 2005.

36. It is estimated that spammers only receive 1 reply for every 12 million emails that they send out.

37. Anthony Greco was the first man ever arrested for sending spam messages in 2005.

38. When signing up to iTunes, if you accept their Terms & Conditions, you agree to not use it to make nuclear weapons.




39. The average age of gamers in the United States is 35.

40. The first alarm clock could only ring at 4 a.m.

41. During the first live iPhone presentation, Steve Jobs had to frequently switch phones behind his desk. Otherwise, it would run out of RAM and crash

42. In 1822, Charles Babbage created the first computer.

43. The 30th of November is known as “Computer Security Day“.




44. On an average work day, a typist’s fingers travel about 12.6 miles.